Monday, March 30, 2009

Premise

Well I've been doing a lot of thinking about what story I may want to tell with the project in this class, but unfortunately have not come to any real conclusions. I know I'd like to do something silly, something that will entertain people, and that's about as far as I've gotten in terms of anything decisive. I'm tossing around a few ideas that involve some characters I've created a long time ago in high school and that I use pretty regularly in my comic strips. They'd simply be interacting and perhaps spouting some dialogue. However I'm also contemplating branching out and creating some new characters in a more absurd style that may better suit flash animation. I'm not positive. When I make up my mind, though, you guys will be the first to know.

2 comments:

  1. I'd say try to branch out and try something new. I think you have great drawing skills and are well apt in character design, but if this is the first time you are using flash (it's mine) then try to go in a direction you've never used before aesthetically. Flash plays well to the a strong 2-d design kind of look...I think of a kind of Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends look.Just keep an open mind to trying new things and stepping out of your comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all for silly things. Silly new things are even better. I'm really excited to see these characters since what I've seen in the past were really awesome (and hilarious). POST POST POST!

    ReplyDelete