Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Here we have some examples of artists that I find highly influential, and that I think could really be great inspirations for my Flash animation project. To start off is the great Shane Glines. A character designer that worked on Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, and many more, he has a very retro look to his characters with a specialty in gorgeous women. I love the babydoll proportions of the faces as well as the hyper-hourglass figures. I think his stuff is just great.


Next, we'll follow it up with a healthy dose of French illustrator Edmund Kiraz. Perhaps one of my most favorite illustrators of all time, this Parisian is famous for his beautifully delicate and playful depictions of, well, female Parisians. Often seen in Playboy, his stuff is downright gorgeous.


Below is an illustration by Amanda Wissel. I don't know much about this artist, other than that I was introduced to her by Shane Glines. Very reminiscent of Mary Blair and the Golden Books illustrators, I love her use of color and design.



Lastly, we have Sean Galloway. Most notable for his character design work on "The Spectacular Spider-Man," Galloway's stuff has loads of personality and tons of energy. His use of color is also exceptional, as you can see how much it can change his simple linework into a fully volumetric illustration. Great great stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment